Robert Fitzner collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of textual records, blueprints, ZTS maps, timetables, and publications compiled by the donor during his time working for the Penn Central and Conrail railroads. The materials generally relate to engineering and mechanical aspects of railroading on the East Coast, as the donor worked as the General Manager of Purchasing by the end of his career. Other assorted railroads are represented, such as the Pennsylvania Railroad and the Long Island Railroad, as well as assorted publications of the Association of American Railroads.
Publications by the railroads, including Penn Central Post and the New York Central Headlight were also given as part of the donation.
- 1884 - 1985
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is available for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Materials within the collection may be in copyright. Please consult IAL at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You are free to use the items within this collection in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
4 Linear Feet (3 cubic ft boxes, rolled drawings)
Language of Materials
Materials reflect the donor's work over his career at several railroads. Series were established for the various railroads Fitzner worked at, as well as materials he acquired. Sub-series reflect the departments of the creator of records.
Additional library-type materials have been separated and cataloged in the appropriate library software.
Processing was completed by Melissa Nerino between February and September 2019. Finding aid was written by Melissa Nerino in October 2019.
- New York Central Railroad Company
- Penn Central Transportation Company
- Pennsylvania Railroad
- Railroad Rails Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroad companies Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroad tracks -- Design and construction Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroad tracks -- Drawings Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroad transportation Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- New Jersey Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- Pennsylvania Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- Records and correspondence Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Railroads -- United States -- History Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Fitzner, Robert (Person)
- Melissa Nerino
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Industrial Archives & Library Repository
18 West 4th Street
Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015 USA